INCF invites applications for seed funding of collaborative brain research projects. The deadline for submission is no later than November 30, 2016. Projects must be completed within 2017.
Seed funding grants should facilitate community work in collaborative brain research, promote the use of neuroinformatics solutions, and accelerate advances in understanding the brain and treating its illnesses.There are two types of funding available, project funding and travel grants.
Travel grants will be used to support collaborative work. One of the collaborators (traveller or host) must be based in one of the 17 INCF network countries. The proposed travel should support one or more of the following:
- exchange of information relevant to neuroinformatics between parties based in different countries
- progression of work relevant to neuroinformatics requiring the participant to travel to another location, usually another country, for collaboration
- participation in neuroinformatics training or education as a lecturer or participant (but not general attendance at scientific meetings)
Project funding supports projects that will deliver tools, data, research, education, training or community development, for example:
- driving forward delivery of a product that addresses a neuroscience use case
- enable a project to develop to the stage of attracting larger-scale external funding, for example initial consortium meetings or pilot data collection
- organisation and hosting of a scientific workshop
- development of training or educational content
The funding could facilitate, for example: initial consortia formation for the creation of a competitive funding proposal; work to demonstrate a proof of concept; tool development or integration; hosting of a workshop to explore and develop an area; or development of education and training content. The leader of a funded proposal must be based in one of the 17 countries in the INCF network.
All participants of a funded proposal must commit to sharing all reports, data, code, and training/education materials from the final project, subject to any limitations imposed by any subsequent funder. Projects must be completed within 2017.
More information and FAQ: https://www.incf.org/reso