The Belgian Neuroinformatics Node is network of research labs and individual fellows who foster understanding of Neuroscience through formal methods and automation of data analysis. Our goal is to understand how different types of brains work. The network is associated to the International Neuroinformatics Coordination Facility (INCF), where Belgium was a former member country. Neuroinformatics is a research field concerned with the processing and organization of neuroscience data by the application of principles of computer science and state of the art software design methodologies. The Neuroinformatics provides generic and interoperable computational tools, mathematical models, and databases for Neurosciences.
With the diversity of the data generated in neuroscience, going from the genetic and molecular level to cognitive functions and the diversity of acquisition systems, the necessity of developing software tools, standards to describe the data and proper models appears crucial for a better integration of these heterogeneous data for further understanding the brain.
What is INCF?
INCF is an international network fostering neuroinformatics expertise to support collaboration throughout the global brain research community. The mission of INCF is to accelerate advances in understanding and treating the brain through the development of neuroinformatics – applying the best practices of data science to challenges in basic and clinical brain research. The INCF network consists of
Governing Nodes: Australia, Japan, Malaysia, Norway, Sweden
Associated Nodes: Belgium, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Republic of Korea, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom, USA
September 29, 2020
July 2, 2020
July 2, 2020
FENS Jobs Market
- Post-doctoral position in Cambridge/UK
- Technician in Lausanne/Switzerland
- Post-doctoral position in Coventry/UK
- Post-doctoral position in San Juan de Alicante/Spain
- Ph.D. Student in Magdeburg/Germany
- Call for community review of the DAQCORD Guidelines
- NIX data model: our newest endorsed standard!
- INCF receives $200,000 grant from the Dana Foundation for developing TrainingSpace
- Seeking individuals to help develop a standardized format for exchanging computational models
- BrainsCAN Postdoctoral Fellowship Program: Special Call
Recent Neuroinformatics papers
- Decentralized Multisite VBM Analysis During Adolescence Shows Structural Changes Linked to Age, Body Mass Index, and Smoking: a COINSTAC Analysis
- Reflections on Data Sharing Practices in Spinal Cord Injury Research
- Data-Theoretical Synthesis of the Early Developmental Process
- Automatic Denoising of Single-Trial Event-Related Potentials
- Machine Learning Methods for Diagnosing Autism Spectrum Disorder and Attention- Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Using Functional and Structural MRI: A Survey
- Effects of Visual Attentional Load on the Tactile Sensory Memory Indexed by Somatosensory Mismatch Negativity
- Erratum: Development and Reorganization of Orientation Representation in the Cat Visual Cortex: Experience-Dependent Synaptic Rewiring in Early Life
- Rxnat: An Open-Source R Package for XNAT-Based Repositories