Neuroinformatics is a research field concerned with the processing and organization of neuroscience data by the application of principles of computer science and state of the art software design methodologies.
Neuroinformatics provides generic and interoperable computational tools, mathematical models, and databases for Neurosciences.
With the diversity of the data generated in neuroscience, going from the genetic and molecular level to cognitive functions and the diversity of acquisition systems, the necessity of developing software tools, standards to describe the data and proper models appears crucial for a better integration of these heterogeneous data for further understanding the brain.
What is INCF?
INCF is an international network of national nodes with neuroinformatics expertise and infrastructure to support collaboration throughout the global brain research community. The mission of INCF is to accelerate advances in understanding and treating the brain through the development of neuroinformatics – applying the best practices of data science to challenges in basic and clinical brain research. The INCF network consists of
Governing Nodes: Australia, Japan, Malaysia, Norway, Sweden
Associated Nodes: Belgium, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Republic of Korea, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom, USA
August 10, 2017
June 28, 2017
June 11, 2017
FENS Jobs Market
- Ph.D. Student in Quebec City/Canada
- Ph.D. Student in Valbonne Sophia Antipolis/France
- Post-doctoral position in Nijmegen/Netherlands
- Post-doctoral position in Bonn/Germany
- New issue of INCF Newsletter
- AINI 2017
- Neuroinformatics 2017 paper series on F1000
- Registration for Neuroinformatics 2017 is now open!
- Abstract submission for Neuroinformatics 2017 is open!
Recent Neuroinformatics papers
- 3D Atlas of the Brain, Head and Neck in 2953 pieces
- CAS: Cell Annotation Software – Research on Neuronal Tissue Has Never Been so Transparent
- Multimodal Neuroimaging in Schizophrenia: Description and Dissemination
- Integrating the Allen Brain Institute Cell Types Database into Automated Neuroscience Workflow
- Sleep: An Open-Source Python Software for Visualization, Analysis, and Staging of Sleep Data
- Classification of Fixed Point Network Dynamics from Multiple Node Timeseries Data
- Multimodal Discrimination of Schizophrenia Using Hybrid Weighted Feature Concatenation of Brain Functional Connectivity and Anatomical Features with an Extreme Learning Machine
- MRI Mouse Brain Data of Ischemic Lesion after Transient Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion