Neuroinformatics is a research field concerned with the processing and organization of neuroscience data by the application of principles of computer science and state of the art software design methodologies.
Neuroinformatics provides generic and interoperable computational tools, mathematical models, and databases for Neurosciences.
With the diversity of the data generated in neuroscience, going from the genetic and molecular level to cognitive functions and the diversity of acquisition systems, the necessity of developing software tools, standards to describe the data and proper models appears crucial for a better integration of these heterogeneous data for further understanding the brain.
What is INCF?
INCF is an international network of national nodes with neuroinformatics expertise and infrastructure to support collaboration throughout the global brain research community. The mission of INCF is to accelerate advances in understanding and treating the brain through the development of neuroinformatics – applying the best practices of data science to challenges in basic and clinical brain research. The INCF network consists of
Governing Nodes: Australia, Japan, Malaysia, Norway, Sweden
Associated Nodes: Belgium, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Republic of Korea, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom, USA
January 24, 2017
January 24, 2017
October 21, 2016
FENS Jobs Market
- Post-doctoral position in Paris/France
- Post-doctoral position in London/UK
- Post-doctoral position in Uppsala/Sweden
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
Recent Neuroinformatics papers
- Multi-View Ensemble Classification of Brain Connectivity Images for Neurodegeneration Type Discrimination
- Ensemble Neuron Tracer for 3D Neuron Reconstruction
- Combining a Patch-based Approach with a Non-rigid Registration-based Label Fusion Method for the Hippocampal Segmentation in Alzheimer’s Disease
- Reproducibility and Comparability of Computational Models for Astrocyte Calcium Excitability
- Evaluation of Field Map and Nonlinear Registration Methods for Correction of Susceptibility Artifacts in Diffusion MRI
- Automatic and Precise Localization and Cortical Labeling of Subdural and Depth Intracranial Electrodes