Neuroinformatics is a research field concerned with the processing and organization of neuroscience data by the application of principles of computer science and state of the art software design methodologies.
Neuroinformatics provides generic and interoperable computational tools, mathematical models, and databases for Neurosciences.
With the diversity of the data generated in neuroscience, going from the genetic and molecular level to cognitive functions and the diversity of acquisition systems, the necessity of developing software tools, standards to describe the data and proper models appears crucial for a better integration of these heterogeneous data for further understanding the brain.
February 23, 2016
December 16, 2015
December 14, 2015
FENS Jobs Market
- Ph.D. Student in Nice/France
- Post-doctoral position in Jerusalem/Israel
- postdoctoral position in New Haven/USA
- CutNII – Custom-angle slicer for brain atlas volumes
- MeshGen – Surface meshes from volumetric segmentation data